Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's the Final Countadooooooooooooooowwnnn!!!

Okay, queue the worst 80's song in history, and you have me! I've been slowly counting down the days until my employment with this god awful place is finally done. 2 more day! I'm down to 2 more days!!!! I'm getting more and more excited each day that it draws near! I've never been so excited to enter unemployment in my LIFE!



Speaking of unemployment...



I got a call yesterday for an interview for what sounds like a pretty sweet job that I'm way over-qualified for. And it's for an office manager position (still handling payroll, but whatev). Meaning, I would be the BOSS! I've been the boss before, I just stepped down for an entry-level position with the government, hoping to just get my foot in the door. Never again my friend, never again.



So I'm totally hyped about this interview! It's for a fairly small company that does some major work for construction and oil companies, specifically for the oil platforms up in the arctic. This job wouldn't take me up to the North Slope (bummer. The pay on those jobs is PHENOMENAL!), I would stay right here in my city and work Monday through Friday (again, bummer, I was totally looking forward to getting two weeks off each month!!), but if the pay is what I'm thinking it's going to be, then I'll pass on the monthly vacations and stay local.



So keep your fingers crossed that these people are smart enough to see how awesome I would be at this job and hire me! (I won't ask for good luck, just that they are smart enough to see they need to hire me!)



So to prepare for my interview I decided not to go to work today. I called in. Only because I don't want those a-holes to ruin my perfectly good mood on this gorgeous day right before I go for an interview. I need to be in the right frame of mind.

As hard as I try not to let them affect me, I mean hell, I'm leaving for good in 2 days, why should I get all worked up? They still manage to piss me off. Like yesterday when my boss came to me asking why we were paying for something when part of it was supposed to be covered. I circled the area in the paperwork that broke down all of the costs and explained in detail the costs, and then had to break it down verbally even further, something she would have been able to understand if she had actually read the paperwork... which she even said "I guess maybe if we had actually read this, I wouldn't need to ask..." Thank you for the perfect example of why I need to get the hell out of this office!

It just boggles the brain that these people are the one's in charge of running a government division. No wonder why we're all in such a mess!

Well, I'm off to my interview and to hopefully go from Government Girl to Office Manager!

~GG

No comments:

Post a Comment